“WE ARE WHAT WE REPEATEDLY DO. EXCELLENCE THEN, IS NOT AN ACT, BUT A HABIT.” – ARISTOTLE.
- 82% of sales reps feel challenged by the amount of data and time it takes to research a prospect.
- 90% of top performing sales reps have a high emotional intelligence (EQ), the spoken signals in face to face communication is critical.
- 42% of sales reps are unprepared for calling on a prospect on the phone or face to face.
- 60% of sales reps do not hit their annual sales target.
BODY LANGUAGE – READING PEOPLE
- 7% of actual words communicated.
- 38% comes from the tone in your conversation.
- 55% comes from your face to face body language.
SALES REPS PROSPECTING STATS
- 80% of all new sales are made after the 5th call to the same prospect.
- 48% of all sales reps make one call then cross off the prospect.
- 25% quit after the 2nd call.
- 12% call 3 times and then quit.
- 10% keep calling.
- The 10% who persist get payoffs- They collect the dividends on what the others invested.
BUYERS FEEDBACK – STUDY DONE BY JIM DUNN AND JOHN SCHUMANN
- 82% of salespeople fail to differentiate themselves from their competition.
Result: They lose the business, fail to sell value or do not get their price.
- 86% of salespeople ask the wrong questions.
Result: They miss selling opportunities and end up wasting time while appearing unprofessional.
- Only 18% of salespeople close without discounting price.
Result: Discounting becomes a habit and profit margins are eroded.
- 95% of customers say salespeople talk too much.
Result: Customers get bored and feel sales people don’t care about understanding their issues.
- 85% of salespeople use a selling process that is extremely ineffective, compared to the buyer’s system.
Result: They close less than 50% of the business, that they should, with huge effects on their companies’ sales and their personal income.